Social Sciences and me
I choose to study Social Sciences because I wasn’t sure about my future career but mostly because I liked the classes that were in the program such as History, French, Philosophy, and Sociology. I like history because I am firm believer that you can learn from other people mistake and for me, that’s what history is all about. Learning about the past is a way to better our future since we won’t be so inclined to make the same mistakes or at least, we will know what happens if we repeat them. I like French because I also get to learn about a part of history through art and literature. Some people might think it’s boring or hard, but through French class I discovered great books and lovely poems. Philosophy is probably the class I looked forward to the most since I got introduced to philosophers and great thinkers in high school. I truly enjoyed my Philosophy classes except the first one which made me realize how much a teacher can make or break an interest in a topic or a class. Lastly, Sociology is something I have never known existed until I attended the class and I loved it. Not only you can develop a critical thinking towards society but you also better understand why some people live the way they live and the society in general. To summarize, I clearly choose my field of study because of the interesting courses rather than because of a future career choice I had in mind, which to me, makes more sense since I want to study something I like instead of studying something I don’t like for a future career I’m not sure to like in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment